Dr. George Yang completed his Doctorate of Medicine at Stanford University in 1994 after receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering in 1989.
As a comprehensive ophthalmologist, Dr. Yang treats patients with numerous eye conditions; including cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, and dry eyes. He is particularly interested in the latest surgical techniques in cataract surgery and believes it is important not only to give patients a variety of intraocular lens options, but also to help guide them in their choice, based on their individual lifestyle.
Strongly believing that education is essential to preventive medicine, Dr. Yang encourages questions from his patients. As part of his thorough care, Dr. Yang ensures that each of his patients have a full understanding of their eye condition and are aware of the best treatment options available.
Ophthalmology is a rapidly evolving field. With Dr. Yang’s complementary engineering background, he understands and utilizes new advancements, providing excellent eye care to his patients.
* Graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, 1989.
* Graduated with a Doctorate of Medicine degree from Stanford University School of Medicine, 1994.
* Completed internship in Internal Medicine at the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 1995.
* Completed a retina research fellowship at Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, 1996.
* Completed residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, 1999.
* Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), the California Medical Association (CMA), the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), and the Santa Clara County Medical Association (SCCMA).
* Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
* Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners.
* Certified by the Medical Board of California.
* Staff privileges at Peninsula Eye Surgery Center.
* HealthTap, Founding Doctor. Top Ophthalmologist, California, for Summer 2013, Spring 2014, Summer 2014, and Fall 2014
* Voted one of Silicon Valley’s top surgeons by his peers (San Jose Magazine 2003 & 2004)
* Languages: Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin).
back to the top